Thursday, March 17, 2016

When Baby Number 9 Joined our Family! Part 1

She wasn't really a baby and her story is the most precious to me.
 It is so precious that sharing it has been difficult. It has been on my heart to share for awhile but opening up our story clearly sets us up for judgement for those that don't walk in our shoes but we have found that it helps more people that are traveling their own adoption path so we share to help others!  

When we first began our journey our hearts were pricked by adoption when several of our friends were adopting. Our children asked us to pray about it. I thought they were crazy. I was in NO place to adopt as I was trying to finish my degree in Early Childhood.  We were broke and I wanted a  house and land. The story is here

There was  a dream involved. I didn't share much of the dream in the above blog but in the dream there was a little girl and she was a Caucasian girl and it was her birthday! I was surprised at how much she looked like my other children.  

In the days that past as we went on our with adoption journey I never EVER forgot her or her birthday or that she looked like my other kids. In fact as I searched websites on Adoptuskids.org I did searches for that birthday.  The date rang out in my mind so clear. I was certain our child would come to us and that would be her birthday.  I was so confused by it. I finally decided that it was a dream and what we needed to get us started on our journey. 

We adopted four times and NONE of them looked like our other children nor had the birthdate from my  dream.  

I can't wait to reveal the rest of her story....NEXT time on the BLOG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment