Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Paying for adoptions!

Adoptions can be so expensive!

I will never forget trying to get an adoption loan. It is so easy to get a loan for a vehicle but to get a loan for an adoption was like pulling teeth! I couldn't believe the red tape!

Our first adoption we did lots of fund raising.  These are some of the things we did;

Yard sale-we asked others to donate to our yard sale. People donated all kinds of things. We did not do clothing. We had SO much stuff it was coming out of our ears! We made 1800 from the yard sale! It paid for our home study!
gold and silver  sale -this was where a gold company came and others sold their gold and got paid for it. We got a  percentage.
I sewed super hero capes and sold them on my blog.
I sold everything extra in my house (my class ring) Anything I could find that I could sale.
I did photo shoots for a fund raiser.

We did not sale t-shirts or bracelets but I have purchased many of those for many adoptions.

 Every detail and every need was met. We didn't have over what we needed but we had just enough each time we had a need. It was amazing to watch the Lord work and provide for us.



When our second adoptions came we were already doing It works (our direct sales business) I had my eyes opened to how many adoptions it was paying for on our team. One lady was traveling to China right after I joined to adopt her little one. Her adoption was paid for by her It works money. I could not believe it!   Funding our adoption the first time was such a HUGE part but after that it was not a stress any more thanks to It works. Can you pay for an adoption with direct sales? YES! Can you do it in a short time?  YES!

The extra income I was making from It works I could put aside paid for the twins adoption.  I have seen people decide to fund their adoptions with It works and pay for it in full in a very short time. I replaced my teaching salary in 5 short months so I know it can be done. I believe the drive and the "why" that pushes us to share with others can truly help us.  I have thought back so many times to the day I was in the bank trying to get an adoption LOAN and the loan officer saying NO. You can get a second mortgage or a vehicle loan but not an adoption loan. If ONLY I had heard of It works then!  So if you are ONE of the families trying to figure out a way to fund your adoption without borrowing LOADS of money then send me an email so I can tell you how to get started! Solomonfamily6@yahoo.com

Funding is such a big part that holds people back from adoption and so many more children could find homes if funding was not such a big mountain to climb. I never dreamed how It works could bless our lives in such a way that funding an adoption or two or three would not be such a burden.



No comments:

Post a Comment