Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Our family!

We don't exactly fit the typical mold of traditional US families with mom and dad and two children! We are a multi raced family. We have 4 biological children and 5 adopted sweethearts. I love how God brought each one of them to us and their story!  We always felt drawn to adoption but we thought we would adopt ONE! You can read here about our first adoption story!  I love how the Lord opens doors and brings families together!


It may seem strange how our It works business is all wrapped into our adoption but without it we would not been able to afford to adopt! God's plan to give us the funds to bring adopt and provide for them was in His perfect plan! 



When we first began our It works journey, it was more about getting out of debt. We started with a CRAZE to pay off as fast as we could. One year into the business, I was a double diamond in the company and we had worked hard to pay off debt, we decided to take a trip to the beach. We were celebrating Andrew's last trip at home before he left our family to go on a full time mission to Brazil. He had just graduated high school and preparing to leave. All of our kids were big enough to play and have fun on the beach so I went to walmart and picked up a new "read" for myself!!



The name of the book was called, "Are you willing to walk on water!" In those moments on the beach as my kiddos played I could feel the sweet promptings from the Lord that we would adopt again. I just didn't know when or how! I am not sure if it was the book that made me realize or the quiet time that I finally had alone.  It was no surprise that in one week, I met a beautiful birth mom and our next adoption story began there!!!



I'm not saying it was easy. There were many scary moments. I had many days of fear, doubt and just plain worry. It did not come easy but it was all worth it and it still is. I would do it all over again and again and again. 



I learned some lessons through this journey and one of them was I wasn't just born to pay bills and die. God put me on this earth for a purpose and for the first time in my life I feel like I am finding mine. I have always felt so drawn to adoption!  It wasn't just to work a 9-5 job and be tied up and my time to so taken by a job. I have finally found the freedom to answer calls of God and the worry of money has been taken away. I am so thankful to be able to answer His calling for my life. When you feel like you can be on His errand instead of yours then you get extra energy to do what He has called you to do! For this I am thankful!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment