Tuesday, July 5, 2016

ONCE a month cooking but HOW!!!

This is how I do it!

I simply have a piece of construction paper and I write every day on the paper for ONE month! I use the front and back! I mark off days we are going out of town. I write in breakfast every day and I rotate them every week. I have seven breakfast food that I make and freeze. 
Monday: breakfast casserole
Tuesday: breakfast burritos
Wednesday: eggs and biscuits
Thursday: sausage and biscuits
Friday: pancakes or french toast sticks and boiled eggs (not frozen but make once a week)
Saturday: oatmeal
Sunday: muffins, fruit and milk 

I do the same thing for lunch! I have seven lunches and I just rotate them. 

Dinner: I try to pick our favorite recipe and have it twice in the month. I plug it into two spots. Then I go on to pinterest  and find some good looking, filling and frugal looking recipes that we will eat! 
I add veggies every day and some times if we are lucky it is stuff from our new garden. If not I buy frozen veggies

If you look on our pinterest in once a month cooking there are some ideas there. Others ideas we eat for dinner are:
chicken and rice casserole
hamburger helper casserole (our favorite-I'll blog it tomorrow)
baked ziti
lasagna
baked spaghetti
chicken pot pie
Mexican durito chicken casserole
chicken enchiladas
bean burritos
tacos
and I'll be thinking of more and post later!

No comments:

Post a Comment